I'd surely love to have one of those. The turbo version is rated at something
like 101hp, the na was of course less so they're obviously not speed deamons
but if you're looking for speed in a Scout you need your head examined...

-Curt

Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:06:00 -0700
From: Alex Chamberlain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] International Scout w/ factory Nissan diesel on Ebay

Heard of these but never seen one for sale before.  Doesn't look bad
for the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4582983178

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo

---------------------------------
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mon Oct 24 13:49:19 2005
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:49:29 -0500
From: John Robbins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Random Stall

Was driving to class this morning and completely at random the engine
dropped to 1500 rpm and wouldn't go higher.  Put it in neutral and it
dropped to zero (go rear pump!).  Coasted to the side of the road, tried
to restart it, and it fired up on the first crank.  Nothing appeared to
be abnormal under the hood, and it ran just fine afterwards.

My only guess is that the fuel had gelled, and I just got a glob of
gelled fuel.  I haven't filled up since Rita hit (close to a month?),
and the temp this morning was 38F.   After class is out I'll hit the
diesel pump and get some diesel fuel that hopefully has the winter blend
in it, and I'll never see the problem again.  Does this sound reasonable?

Torque converter is doing some funny things as well (time for a fluid
change also) could this have any kind of connection?

Thanks for the help!

John
'79 300SD