Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:30:38 -0600
From: Peter Frederick <psf...@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] MB 240D Diesel Hydrogen hybrid
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

I would love to see the milage rating for a diesel-electric hybrid,
should be about 30% greater than a gas/electric for city driving.
Same deal on the highway, though -- worse than the equivalent non/
hybrid.

Hydrogen fuel is a pipe dream -- the only current source is de-
carbonized methane, so the CO2 (and all that heat/work) is dumped
into the atmosphere during manufacture.  "Sequestration" is bu...it
too -- who wants a volcano of CO2 snow when the underground storage
blows out (as it will, surely).

Better to burn the methane direct and DRIVE LESS!

Peter