Subject: [MBZ] Trunk lock
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:11:13 -0400
Message: 13

Help!
The trunk on my '83 300D won't open using vacuum or key and needed tools are
inside.

I've tried the Mighty-Vac on both lines going to the trunk lid and fuel door
by  disconnecting each line from the four way connectors on the floor at the
right door.

I've tried both types of keys that came with the car.  None of the keys will
turn the lock.

Does anyone know of a way to manually unlock the trunk?

The only alternative I can think of is taking it to a lock and key shop.

Thanks,
Gerry Archer
'83 240D and 300D