Hello Steve,
You wrote:
> This has happened to me. I've told wife, daughter and anyone else that
> would lesion, NOT to unlock the trunk with the key. Unlock the drivers
door
> then open the trunk.  I finally got mine open by messing with it,  as in,
> lock the drivers door, turn the key in the trunk lock and any other
> combination of lockings and unlockings you can think of.  I have drilled
> out a couple on broken W123s (parts cars) as a final resort, you dont want
> to go there. :-)
> Regards   Steve Van Cleve
> Marrowstone Isl Wa
---------------------------
I tried your suggestions without success, went out to see an ex-dealer
mechanic in the country who restores MBs, and he said it was the lock and
that it would have to be drilled out.  Any suggestions you have about
drilling the lock out will be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Gerry Archer
Crystal River, Florida

P.S. I never use the key lock either but last Saturday my son parked the car
in a dark area and he probably locked the trunk with the key because he knew
I had tools in it and he wasn't familiar with the vacuum locking system..