Interesting. Not even a Finn. I was seriously considering suggesting an M103 for the 280S, but they get a bad rap for having bad headgaskets. My belief is that is is a good solid engine. But the M104 is a screamer right off the lot.

This guy is getting some really serious power out of 103 engines. Says they
are stronger than the 104s -- http://www.turbobandit.com/shop/
Gave me a new outlook on the 300E --- if I'm going to get lousy mileage, I
might as well have serious power! Yes - he uses megasquirt, turbos, new
electronic ignition, leaves the rest of the engine stock.