you remember those superchargers that people used to just slap on the air
cooled VWs?  Judson?

you are always ahead though by just buying a 500E, as is said below

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Alex Chamberlain
<apchamberl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 6:25 PM, OK Don <okd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This guy is getting some really serious power out of 103 engines. Says
> they
> > are stronger than the 104s -- http://www.turbobandit.com/shop/
> > Gave me a new outlook on the 300E --- if I'm going to get lousy mileage,
> > might as well have serious power! Yes - he uses megasquirt, turbos, new
> > electronic ignition, leaves the rest of the engine stock.
>
> 400 hp from his Stage I turbo kit is pretty impressive but so is the
> price---10,000 euros?!?  For that much you could buy a decent 500E, or
> source a good M117 or M119 and basically build your own AMG Hammer.
>
> And how does the 722 transmission stand up to that much power and
> torque?  He doesn't say anything about modifying it, as well as I can
> guess from the Swedish.
>
> It does give me ideas for turning my POS winter beater 300E into a rat
> rod.  ;)  Wouldn't a supercharger setup be a lot simpler and still
> provide a significant power increase?  The DIY blower crowd seems to
> like the Roots unit used on Hursty's favorite GM 3.8s---rebuilt ones
> are all over eBay.  There's just enough room between the front of the
> engine and the radiator for another pulley and belt to drive it, and
> plenty of space elsewhere under the hood for the blower itself ---then
> you just need a little custom intake plumbing.
>
> How much forced induction could you add without modifying the fuel
> injection?  How well does CIS-E cope with additional airflow?
>
> This thread seems relevant:
> http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=112962
>
> Alex

save 5% on our already low, low prices.  use coupon code DAVE at checkout.
 www. BuyEUROparts.com