From: buymbpa...@gmail.com <buymbpa...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] *sigh*
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Saturday, February 6, 2010, 5:10 PM

Dimitri, the problem is that Mercedes in their infinite wisdom, changed the
design of this particular axle with the production of the W126 chassis. So you
can't buy what came on your car new from them. You have to buy an updated axle
plus extra parts which sell for over $1000 per side at wholesale not retail! So
the only option for the original axle is an aftermarket one or a rebuilt one,
henceforth the issue. So do you want a rebuild that has better than a 50
percent failure rate or a Chinese new version that has a hugely successful
record? Oh, wait, of course spend $2,500 on axles for a $1000 car. Hmm.