i found some lobro (fan club members, do not look)

the are expensive.  how much is this car actually worth?

http://www.vertexautoparts.com/OEM/viewProducts.aspx?year=1973&makeID=MERCEDES+BENZ&modelID=1192845&catID=Axle+%26+Driveshaft&groupID=Rear+Drive

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Dimitri Seretakis <dsereta...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Ok. I need an axle shaft for a 73 220D.  OEM vs China.  Can you quote me
> both prices?  Another option is to rebuild the original or buy used?  My
> axle shaft boot is cracked/torn so is this part shot?  That's what I hear
> but the car was asymptomatic before I noticed the crack.  I'm thinking about
> just slipping on a new boot.  I truly don't like the idea of Chinese parts
> on this car.  Not being "rascist"  but I have my preferences and those
> include doing my best to keep this car original.  I ordered a front grille
> for this same car about onee year ago thinking that I was buying an original
> part but I ended up getting an aftermarket part.  I didn't ask when I bought
> it (probably should of) and just naively assumed it would be original.
> Well, I struggled dearly to make it fit as all the fasteners were junk.  I
> had to reuse the old rusty ones and modify some others.  It was a real pain
> in the butt.  The part also was not of the same
>  quality.  The rounded edges on both sides were not formed nicely, kind of
> many little bends to make an arc technique was employed in its production.
> Believe me, I was not happy but didn't want to go through the hassle of
> returning it.  Now one year later it has started to rust!  My point is that
> I prefer original regardless of country of origin and I think it was
> actually made in Germany but not original MB. China parts really do rub me
> the wrong way because their quality is even worse.

save 5% on our already low, low prices.  use coupon code DAVE at checkout.
 www. BuyEUROparts.com