I can only recall 2 times in my lifetime when we were totally buried in snow
and could not move about for a bit.
The one I related earlier in I think 1986 and another in March of 1966. We had
another in April 1997 but we were in
Grand Forks ND that weekend and could not get home. We were supposed to go home
on Sunday but did not get there
until Tuesday if I recall correctly. In ND it was mostly an ice storm that left
the roads covered with close to an
inch of ice. Further north in Canada it was snow. We listened to the radio and
heard that Winnipeg was buried and
the buses had stopped running etc. We thought that when we got home, we would
have to leave the Suburban out at the
major street and walk in to the house. We were happy to find out that they had
already ploughed out our front
street and back lane. My mother's car was in our garage and she wanted to go
home so we had to dig our way into and
out of the garage. The snow was half way up the pedestrian door and hard enough
to stand on. I had to crouch down
and jump into the garage to get shovels. We could have built igloos of it as we
were cutting out chunks of snow
when we tried to shovel it away.

The good thing about snow that time of year is that it does not last, even this
far north. It was all gone in a few
days. Of course that has issues too.

The weekend that we were stuck in Grand Forks that I referred to above, was
about a week before they were almost
totally flooded. The main north south highway was closed for a month or more
shortly after we got home.

Randy