I would clean the outside of the boot around the cracked area aqs best as
possible and put a piece of duct tape or something on it.  If you're only
talking about days (as opposed to weeks) until replacement, nothing
catastrophic is going to happen unless you're out "off-roading" with it every
day.

Just my $0.02.

Dan