From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Alex Chamberlain
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 3:34 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Saving CV joints

If I have a CV joint with a boot that has just started to crack---the
joint presumably is still good, as there's still a lot of grease inside
the boot and the joint isn't making any funny noises---what is the best
way to protect the joint if the car must be driven before the new boot
arrives?  I'm thinking of wrapping a scrap of heavy plastic painter's
tarp around the cracked boot and fastening at both ends with zip ties.
Thoughts?

Alex