A couple months ago I replaced the headlights on my '83 240D.
A couple weeks ago I noticed the passenger side headlight out again. Some quick
troubleshooting showed the bulb was fine...

Turns out theres a junction right behind the headlight bucket and one of the
power leads off that had rotted away... I tried soldering the stub back on and
the piece that was left broke off...I tried getting the block off but couldn't
find any way to get it out short of destroying it. Finally I soldered a piece
of wire from the wire that had broken off the junction block to the wire on the
other side... A relatively easy fix that took 3 hours...

-Curt