Well, I got the visor off. The trick is to yank the mirror off. (not easy with the short stub on this model.) I assisted with a screwdriver, so have to clean up the mount and then paint it flat black again.

Once the mirror is off, you can take off the base and the screws for the trim. the trim is glued up with black rubber slue that stretches and strings better then good Mozzarella cheese. With the trim loose you can unplug the light, then the visor wire, then take off the grounding screw for the visor, then remove the two outer screws on the visor mount. The smaller screw in the middle of the visor mount is the tensioning screw.

Now "all" I have to do is figure out how to add tension to the pivot ball when the little screw is out of adjustment, and how to repair the visor tab that caused all this mess.