On Fri, 28 May 2010 09:44:31 -0700 Zoltan Finks
<mmmmmsuchpo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As for the undriveable 240: To date I had had no problems with shifting
> system, so I found myself yesterday searching under the hood for a
> clutch cylinder. The owner's manual didn't provide much help.

You cannot see the clutch slave cylinder from above, you have to go
underneath and look on the right side of the bell housing of the
transmission.

> So there is a cylinder above the clutch pedal, and one at the
> transmission? Ok. I'll check for leaks.

Yes, the clutch master cylinder is inside. If it leaks, the driver's
carpet will absorb the brake fluid. If it absorbs enough, it will get
ruined (you can guess how I found that one out).

> I do know that there has always been seeping below the brake master
> cylinder, but the fluid level does not go down noticeably.

You might need to replace the two rubber bushings between the steel master
cylinder and the plastic (nylon?) brake fluid reservior.

> I can also say that the hose leading from the brake master cylinder and
> into the firewall is braided (not steel braided) and has a hose clamp.
> I wondered if the hose clamp setup was not stock.

That sounds stock to me.

Craig