From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Hendrik and Fay
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2010 9:50 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] OT Beer review

mao asked me to write up my thoughts on a couple of brews we got at Binny's
(never seen so many different beers in one place but this is the US after
all, I
said to Dan that I expected an isle of Bud, an isle of Coors, an isle of
Miller
and a few imported usuals like that energy drink from Holland).
We got a couple of Founder brews, double trouble and old curmudgeon ale,
plus a
big bottle of something I can't remember the name of and roomservice took
the
bottle (although I would have loved to take it home with me for my
collection
but......).
Anywho, the big bottle was nice and carried off it's high alcohol content
(9.5%)
well but the founders brews are too high in the alcohol content (9.4%) and
have
an unpleasant alcohole taste, well some might like that.
However they are all competent brews but the founders need to take the
alcohol
down to 7.5%, to bring out the flavours of the beer. If I wanted to taste
alcohol
I would drink spirits but I find that mixing the founders stuff with Sam
Adams
boston ale, produces a very nice drink.
Sam Adams being a very nice beer but not having quite the ale taste and
needs a
little something extra. Whack in a bit of founders and you have a nicely
balance
ale at 7-8% alcohol.
Well that's my thoughts, buy a box of Sam Adams and a 4 pack of founders and
then
mix them together, perhaps not quite 1-1 but more at 2-1 or try it until you
get
to a brew that you're happy with.
Lastly I have to apologize to the US nation for assuming that you nothing
about
beer, which I thought kinda strange, seeing you have had immigrants from all
over
the world, in fact Sam Adams Boston lager is probably one of the worlds
great
semi-mainstream beers for those who like a good, heavier beer.
Ohh and at the ballgame today they had a good selection of beers available
as
well, better than the stuff they sell at Oz sporting events and yes the hot
dogs
where good too.

Hendrik
who is enjoying one of his founder/sam adams creations