BTW, on your flight from LA to Chicago, were you able to see any of the Rocky Mountains or the HUGE expanse of central plains farmland laid out in perfect checkerboard-like pattern from the Rockies to the Mississippi River and even beyond in areas such as Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan? I used to use the grid to correct B-52 heading systems on very low altitude practice navigation routes and bomb runs - the grid is oriented to true north. By comparing aircraft heading system to the grid, I could detect aircraft heading system errors of 1/2 degree or more and "crank in
corrections as necessary.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hendrik and Fay" <heni...@ozemail.com.au>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] The chairmans Mercedes

Hot??????
It's bloody freezing, we had the heater on in the beater and I put on long pants to go out for dinner, talking bout din din's, we went to a place a block down from the motel called The Final Approach and it was real good, good price, good size meals, good beer (I had a Paulander wheat beer) and the total bill was $48 and we left the waitress a $10 tip (as per instructions). Plus we where allowed to sit at the bar and smoke, bloody luxury but they said that come July the 1st, smoking will be banned in bars/eateries across WI. So we have just made it in
time, cough cough.
The 240D doesn't seem to be leaking, which surprises me, I was expecting the boot
to be full of water by the time we got to Milwaukee.

Hendrik
who has a big bellyfull of good US tucker

On Tue Jun  8 16:26 , 'WILTON' <wilt...@nc.rr.com> sent:

'Been hoping that today's trip hasn't been too hot for you.  I was afraid
the 240D may not have a working AC system other than windows down, holes in
floors, sides, etc.

Wilton