Only that the EPA requires each different refrigerant to have it's own incompatible type of fitting. (at least in automotive applications...)

The hose is likely universal, but the fittings are not...

It's likely to be for the prevention of cross contamination and of venting refrigerant to the atmosphere during "flushing" (that would prevent the contamination...)

--
John W Reames
jwrea...@comcast.net