If it's a red indicator in the instrument cluster of your, ah, carriage, it's time to stop and fix something. ;<)))))

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dieselhead" <126die...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 12:37 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Towing a Manual 240D on Dolly?

The colonists, to rebel, started to drive on the right side of the road, rather than the Tory's custom on the left. Americans refused to yield to the tories trying to drive their teams on the same side of the road, so the tories were forced to also drive on the right side of the road.

The colonists also threw off the awkward system of the Brits and the crown colonies of 12 pence to the bob, 20 bob 't pound, guineas, farthings, threpnybits and all that rot, to adopt a decimal system.

They quit drinking ale, and drank cider, as ale was the drink of the British, and anything british was despised. (Beer came in about 100 years later) John Adams had a tankard of cider every morning for breakfast.

They quit drinking tea, as tea was the drink of the British.

The Americans for whatever reason changed a quart to 32 oz, rather than 40, and that made a gallon 128 oz rather than 160 oz, but other than that, they kept the funky British system of weights and measures. Meanwhile Oz was a penal colony, so give us a break for not rebelling 230 years ago to everything British.

4 way stops are a somewhat civilized game of chicken. You ought to like them! I really like your description of 4 way stops! that is quite apt.

What red indicators are you talking about?  Idiot lights?

I don't understand all this American stuff, like the 4 way stop sign, what the
flying fudge is that all about, everybody gives way to everybody?
However on a brighter note I found my first round about today, ohh what bliss
until I figured out it went anti clockwise, here we go again. oooh and my
personal favourite, red indicators, I am going to take a fn hammer to every red indicator I come across, what insanity, how did you people ever mange to put man into space, oooh yah that's right you got a German to do it. And what do the Germans use for indicators? Same as the Ozzies and every other normal nation that
has also embraced the metric system.

Hendrik
who is seriously thinking about an early ticket home, I have seen enough

On Thu Jun 10 20:46 , Walt Zarnoch <zarnoch...@gmail.com> sent:

My truck has over 130 miles difference between the clock and the signed
title, and hasn't been put on the road again yet. I guess in a karma sense
it makes up for all the time it was at stoplights since 88?

Walt, who realy needs to get those damn brakes done...