i've had similar instances; (oMBZc) both when trying to buy Mercedes Diesels. ;-)

first; went to meet a guy about a lovely 300CD who didn't show up as prearranged and didn't return calls; only to get an e-mail later saying "something had come up". (seems he forgot he had my cell number,..?) second; made arrangements on Friday night to come pick up a 300 on a Saturday morning, only "not too early" per sellers request. was already almost an hour down the train line on my way there when i called to confirm at ~0805, only to hear he'd just sold it to someone else that morning already.

what can you do with people like that but thank them for wasting your time, and wishing them to have someone else show them the same courtesy?

still, i'd rather buy off of CL than sell there; i don't need John Q Public traipsing through my house, and have had enough of them show up to meet me in public places only to have them decide they weren't really interested, or that they liked that other thing they saw on the way over to meet me, or just not show up at all,... in this regard, e(vil)Bay is much preferred as a seller.

cheers!