Quick look at the owners manual should tell you what the fuel requirements
are.  If it states it was designed to run on premium, then that's what it
needs to be fed.

New, it was quite an expensive car, so premium fuel probably wasn't going to
be turn potential buyers away.  Unless a car's manual states it runs on
premium, but can manage on regular, which I believe the Cadillac Northstar
engine does, I wouldn't risk it.

Not sure about gas where you buy it, but here, most premium is all gas,
where the lower grades are cut with ethynol (sp).  It doesn't have the same
bang for the buck per gallon, so when you factor all things, in, I'm not
sure how much cheaper running regular really is.  I personally just follow
the manual.  Run premium where it says to, and regular in the cars that were
made for it.

Ed
300E