Curt Raymond wrote:
No joke, new Wal-Mart just outside of Worcester, MA (Rt 146 if you know the
area) has wind turbines on the top of some of the lights in the parking lot.

A local grocery store / greenhouse put up a turbine a few years ago to prove how 'green' they are. I'm not sure exactly how tall the tower is, but it definitely is not 30' taller than their own buildings it sits next to.

Talk about turbulent airflow. I suppose if they used a high enough tower to have it work right, the turbine would be harder to see, and since appearance was probably the main goal of the installation...

The first picture at this link makes it look like there is reasonable distance around the turbine, but the third picture gives you a better idea of how crowded the airspace is. See the newspaper dispensers in front of the store, right next to the tower?
http://www.shophorrocks.com/WIND-POWER.html

Mitch.