From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 10:38 AM
To: Diesel List
Subject: [MBZ] Lets talk tire pressure

So the Red '84 190D isn't handling the way I'd want it to. If it were a
snowmobile I'd say "it darts" which is to say it'll twitch side to side
when heading down the road at 45mph or more. If you twitch the steering
wheel back and forth nothing happens...

I'm thinking tire pressure so this morning I checked, 40psi all around.
Sidewall max says 44 so we're still safe there. I pulled the fronts down
to 36 and took a test drive which seemed to show some improvement but
its still not right. Rear shocks are new as are all the rear links. All
the suspension seems to be tight, confirmed by my Indy and the
inspection station dude 165,000 miles on the car.

These are 14" wheels I forget the exact tire size but the sidewalls are
big.... Maybe this afternoon I'll go all the way down to factory
pressure and see what happens. On my other 190D I was running a bit
above factory (factory is 28/32 I think I was running 30/34) which
seemed to no hurt anything. It seems like the 4psi difference is more
important than the actual tire pressure...

Ideas?

-Curt