I think the E stoves had more rounded corners too but yeah the tank is the big
change. The 425s are all relatively new stoves.

So I'd guess your problem is the fuel/air tube. Remember on lighting that
you're burning mostly fumes off the top of the tank, that happens because
theres a 2 part tube that dips down into the tank. Which hole you get fuel
through is controlled by a rod in the tube. When the valve is just cracked the
fuel all comes from the top of the tube so you're getting mostly fumes. When
you open the valve more than ~1 turn you get mostly liquid fuel from the bottom
of the tank. If the rod sticks it gives your problem.

The fix is pretty easy, pull the valve (not so hard on a stove, miserable on a
lantern) by unscrewing it from the tank, use a wrench so you don't bend the
generator. Unscrew the fuel/air tube from the bottom of the valve assembly,
careful not to lose the rod or the spring. Clean the rod and tube and make sure
the hole at the bottom is clean, then stretch the spring just slightly 1/16"
maybe. Reassemble and see if that fixes it.

If the FA tube doesn't switch over properly you lose all your air because
you're never really getting liquid fuel, just fumes off the top. It'll work but
you need to pump constantly to keep it working. I have a lantern that is hard
to switch over, I spent a ton of time working on it before I realized it was
just a design flaw in that lantern.

-Curt