Rolf wrote:
There is always option C. Removing the cam lobes/retaining nut/spring on number one and rotating engine until the valves dont drop in the engine... I would take this over pulling prechambers any day...

I'd pull #1 glow plug, fit a hose to the glow plug hole, and fill the cylinder with oil near TDC. When you find the point at which the most oil is pushed out the hose, you should be within one degree of TDC. Just leave the GP out until after you start the engine for the first time, to blow out the oil.

Mitch.