Max Dillon wrote:
OK, looks like I've got to decide between these two 195/65R15 91H tires:

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position ($194 for 4 tires - special price
for December)
-or-
General Altimax HP ($264 for 4 tires).

Methinks I'll go with the Bridgestone...

I live where it snows, and there was a $50 rebate on the Altimax HP when I bought them. You live where it doesn't snow much and melts fast, and there's a $70 rebate on Michelin and Bridgestone right now. The Generals are ranked a bit higher in the snow, but the Bridgestones are the #3 tire in the 'ultra high performance all season' category, and the highest ranked UHP tire that's sold in 15". Yeah, I'd be all over those Bridgestones, if I lived in the Carolinas and I could wait for the backorder status. Or if I lived anywhere else and used a separate set of snow tires.

Mitch.