I may need to call Roadside to unfreeze the door locks in my1985
300TD.  I tried copious amounts of de-icer solution but it didn'tt
work.  I can finally insert the key into the driver's door lock, but
it won't turn.  What puzzles me is that it isn't even that cold in
D.C. but it rained a ton yesterday, then dipped below freezing last
night.

What else can I do without wrecking my brand new door handle?

Andrew
300TDs - 1983 and '85

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 12:48 AM, E M <pokieba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alignments do provide revenue for a dealer, and good revenue.  If they
> didn't, we'd still be driving cars with solid rear axles and non-adjustable
> front ends.  (same reason Ferrari dealers never really complained to the
> engineers to much about having to take the engine out of a Testarossa to
> change the water pump)
>
> If you are getting a full alignment at the dealer, and your car is 10-15
> years old, expect several of the rubber bits to require replacement, with
> dealer parts.  I'm not suggesting you or anyone should pass on needed
> replacement items, or put off properly servicing a car.  I'm just saying,
> most likely by the time you have done a proper full alignment at the dealer
> on your older car, you will have well earned, and dare I say, paid for, your
> "free" Roadside Assistance.
>
> Dealers do not operate as charities for those of us who have a thing for
> German iron.
>
> Ed
> 300E
>
> On 12 December 2010 00:07, Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Getting your car aligned at the stealer does nothing for MB. Assuming the
>> stealership is not gaming the system (that is a stretch), buying parts from
>> the stealer does help MB.
>>

>>  You don't think the premium you will pay for your dealer alignment isn't
>>> in
>>> part going towards covering your "free" roadside assist?  Nothing in life
>>> is
>>> free.  MB is a for profit business (which I'm all for), so if they're