I put 6 new Beru GPs in the 300D today. Thanks Rusty! They came in right on schedule. On time, in the Christmas rush! About 2 1/2-3 hours to do the job, start to finish. The 4 center GPs were burned out. Front and rear, I had replaced maybe 3 years ago. The #3 plug, behind the pump, was a mismatch, a beru, so I am guessing it was the original, or maybe the first replacement.

The point is, a 124 with good suspension is amazing. After I was done, I took it out for a little run, and it feels rock solid.

I too, did not replace the inner bushing on the LCAs in the back or front. But even so, it really is nice to drive.

BTW, I did the intake manifold R&R to change the GPs. I managed to get it out without disturbing the injection lines. Next job is to get more new clips for the Injection lines.

To finish the story, yesterday I had four new shoes put on the wagon
(Bridgestone Potenza's from TireBuyer, previously discussed) and a four
wheel alignment at one of my favorite local businesses, Gerald's Tires and
Brakes.  Following someone's example on this list, I provided a copy of the
MB alignment specifications to the shop and asked that they try to follow
them.
They did, and the car handles superbly now.  The best news is that the rear
axle negative camber is within factory specs!  The technician did offer that
the front lower control arm inner bushings are pretty far gone, and he
couldn't hit the factory spec exactly but got it pretty close.  So, next
major suspension work on that car will be front inner bushings, which will
probably be done by my Indie, as I don't want to pay for the special tool
for that one.

-Max