I think you hack your DVD player to get that functionality (and more).  Google
knows all...

-Max

________________________________
From: Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thu, December 23, 2010 5:43:15 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] (SPAM?) Increasingly OT: Re: American Top Gear

Jim Cathey wrote:

> No, LD is superior to any of the consumer tape formats.
> DVD generally looks better yet, but LD has it over DVD
> when it comes to the user being in control of the process.

Is there a law that says the manufacturer of the player has to give the
manufacture of the DVD authority to override the user controls so they can
force
you to sit through 1/2 hour of previews of movies you didn't buy?

Seems like one could get rich selling a player that goes to the main menu
whenever the user hits the 'menu' button and stops when the user hits the
'stop'
button.

Mitch.