On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A few years ago I had a guy in class who said Blu-Ray was about to win the
> HD war because it had finally allowed porn. Within 3 months Toshiba gave up
> on HDDVD...
>
> -Curt

There is porn available on HD-DVD as well. That war had more to do with both
Sony and Apple putting money into Blu-Ray, as well as Sun Microsystems, and
nearly all of the major studios. HD-DVD had Toshiba, Microsoft, and Warner
Bros. Sure, other studios had stuff on HD as well, but Warner was exclusive
for a while. Until the inevitable happened. The whole "porn won the format
war" should really be a snope.  Hmm .... wonder if it is.

EdB

--
"I've come to your planet on a Class IV Intergalactic Doom Freighter." -
Adrian Monk