Alex,
After reading the ad I would not bid without an in person inspection. Why do they say the oil pressure sending unit needs replaced? Is this a typical AMC 360 with a bad oil pump? Does it have oil pressure? The skip they mention is probably carb related. No fun to rebuild or work on at all with all the BS in the way. The clunk is probably the T-case chain and will probably be good for a long time but, being a Benz owner, I can see you wanting to fix every little thing to make it right and spending a fortune on a vehicle that may never be right.

My $.02, Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Chamberlain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 12:44 AM
Subject: [MBZ] OT: For the Jeep freaks, interesting Grand Wagoneer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4587334405

I'm kind of toying with getting one of these.  Seems like the price of
gas is driving down the used prices of all big SUVs and such.  This
one looks nice, but look at the under-the-hood pics.  What's up with
the driver's side of the engine?  Looks like there's something
missing---a bunch of hoses that don't go anywhere.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo