Seller took away all his bargaining power when he told you he's moving... Offer
$1500, point out every little flaw, leave your card, prepare for a call.

-Curt

Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 19:18:25 -0500
From: Tim C <bb...@crone.us>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] '76 240D PHX CL

Looks like a pretty car on the outside, I would go look with maybe $2K
cash if I was in the market and the market was somewhat more local. :)

Did the '76 have a 5-digit odometer?  I noticed it has the power
antenna, too, when did those start?  If the fan doesn't run with the
defroster on I'd offer less, but it doesn't seem an unreasonable price
if the 140K is trustworthy and you have basic fan function.  You
should probably also consider if the fan is bad how much ($$$) you
care; it might be worthwhile to deal the seller down a bit and leave a
satisfied wheeler.

115 prices are on the rise locally, and they are getting rare to boot,
so if you particularly like 115s now might be the time to buy.  For
140K I would think even $2500 a fair price if it is in good shape.
Compare that to a new engine, for example, for the 300D.

[In unrelated news, I saw a $2500 140 yesterday, "bulletproof glass"
and bad transmission.  Might even go see it while SWMBO is out of
town, if her plane can get out tomorrow. :]

Back on topic, I have a good-when-pulled compressor from the '74, and
a collection of other bits that I thought might come in handy and were
easy to pull off.  Holler if you need something.

-Tim
but are you willing to buy from Damian?