Allan Streib wrote:
How many are using software for tax preparation?

I have for the past 5 years at least, except last year I didn't get around to buying any
and did everything on paper.  I was surprised to find it took about the same time, maybe
less, as using the software, and the whole process felt a lot less "magical."

The way I always do it is work it out on paper (with a custom worksheet I update and print out each year) and then when I'm done I put it in the software. The two should match, unless I made an error on one of them.

That reminds me, I haven't made the 2010 worksheet yet. Gives me something to do tomorrow I guess.

Mitch