I have used TurboTax since the early 90s, as it was the only Mac-based solution
available at the time.  Through some judicious research and searching I have
been able to get it for free or very little from various sources.  For example,
State Farm was giving away free licenses to their customers last year - and not
for the basic, but the "deluxe" version.

A couple of things I like about it:

1.) Importing last year's data.  It's a big timesaver when you can just click
and import all the minutia that goes with filing, such as account numbers, etc.

2.) TT has a nice add-on that is part of the "deluxe" version that takes care
of your charitable deductions.  I like it because they use the IRS acceptable
amounts for items, such as clothing.  When I first used this I was amazed at
how badly I had screwed myself in the past on donations of used household and
clothing items - the allowable amounts from the IRS are quite generous, IMHO.

This year should be even more interesting, as I am now driving for work, and
they only reimburse me at $0.37/mile, whereas the IRS allows $0.50/mile.  While
it may seem trivial, I am certainly going to claim that $0.13/mile difference.
I keep my records in a standard .csv format so I can import it into my work
forms as well as Excel, so it will be interesting to see how TT brings it in.

Dan