All I can tell you is that we are given the choice of doing the recordkeeping
and IRS stuff on our own, or submitting a mileage report for reimbursement at
$0.37/mile.

Remember, we're dealing with a governmental agency here.  You don't argue with
them, as you will lose.  I just take the money and I'll submit the difference
to the IRS on my taxes.

Dan