although accurate, not very convenient on a regular basis!

 Chris

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

you should not really concern your self with 1/2 qt of  oil
 the way to accurately check oil is to a change oil using 8 qt of  oil....and
filter
 crank the engine with the dist coil wire off  and placed nest to  a ground
point to get the oil pumped up in to the filter  and tensioners  maybe 15 or so
sec.
 replace coil wire start engine  and check for leaks
 because you added 8 qts. of oil you know exactly what is in the  engine
 collins
 1985 500 sec

In a message dated 11/15/2005 6:16:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,