rumor has it that [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> you should not really concern your self with 1/2 qt of  oil
>  the way to accurately check oil is to a change oil using 8 qt of  oil....and
> filter
>  crank the engine with the dist coil wire off  and placed nest to  a ground
> point to get the oil pumped up in to the filter  and tensioners  maybe 15 or
> so
> sec.
>  replace coil wire start engine  and check for leaks

Boy. I guess I'll have to look more closely at my cars. I've got a
bunch of cars that are quite similar to the three that Chris has... and
in all the years I've been working on them I haven't yet found a "dist
coil" that I could have "placed nest to  a ground point".

I learn something new every day!!

So maybe you guys can help me. Where _is_ the dist coil on my OM616 and
OM617 engines?

                    Philip