Dieselhead wrote:

I have a set of Kmart stands that are maybe 12 years old that are much better than the HF 3 ton stands.

My comments may be out of date then. My Kmart stands are from the 1980s. If the new Chinese stuff is 'much worse', I don't want it. I guess I should be glad that I have two good stands (1980's Blackhawk USA) and two decent ones (1980's Kmart China). The Blackhawks were $20 at Harbor Freight in 1986. I think the Kmarts were about $15 a couple of years later. Wish I'd bought two sets of the Blackhawks.

Mitch.