Freightliner has always been the truck division of Mercedes.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Rich Thomas
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:30 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Sprinting

They are actually final-assembled here in the Charleston SC area, bits
come in and they are put together in some fashion (I read something
about how that works, but it did not make a lot of sense, probably some
tax thing or something).  I have seen them with both Freightliner (which
was Volvo?) and MB badging, I think the ones here are actually MB grills.

--R