uh, no... MB/DB has owned freightshaker for some time, maybe 20 years. But freightshaker was all american home grown before that, and DB sold MB trucks here and in the rest of the world prior to that.

I have a friend who started out his business with a MB L1113 truck before they were for sale here. Later he bought a new White tractor when white was being courted by DB/MB. This truck went a million miles and they took out the MB engine and it was like new. I think the engine was about 1975 when new. Maybe 10 years later when I saw it.

In the rest of the world, I think MB/Daimler sells trucks made elsewhere, including Germany and Brazil. I never saw a freighshaker in Germany or elsewhere in Europe.

BTW, that SC plant that Rich referred to i believe is the plant built in the 70s to assemble the L1113 to 1316 trucks that were bade in Brazil and assembled in the USA for the US/NA market.

Freightliner has always been the truck division of Mercedes.

Greg