Wow you're old.

My Grandpa (now deceased) was fortunate enough to transfer off USS Morris (DD
417), a destroyer escort in the South Pacific, just a week or two before a
direct hit from kamikaze took out bridge and wardroom and killed/wounded most
of
the officers (Grandpa was LT Killion then, his General Quarters post was at the
main battery, a five inch gun).  Ship remained afloat but was later scrapped.

http://www.destroyerhistory.org/goldplater/warhistory417.html

Here's the page for BUSH - it looks like somebody spent a lot of time putting
it
together, cool pictures and deck log excerpts:

http://www.ussbush.com/

 Very respectfully,
/s/
Max Dillon
'87 300TD 334k miles (Off with the head!)
'95 E300 283k miles (daily driving duties)
'73 Balboa 20 (High & dry until the head is back on)
Charleston SC