Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 23:41:46 -0700
From: Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Do Chickens shriek?

> Didn't you say that you just put this one back into service after a
> long downtime? Are you sure that the tensioner is backing off or is it
> the rust on the pulleys wearing the belts down and causing the
> loosening?

It's coming loose, definitely.  Belts aren't wearing.

> Uh,  the clamp bolt.
>> Usually, the rust keeps it locked solid.
>> Maybe try purple loctite?

What clamp bolt?  This is the adjuster that sticks
out the side like it's making a right turn.  Uses a
13mm wrench to adjust.   No clamp bolt I can see,
it's supposed to have a tight enough friction fit
to stay put.

Which this one does not, and so it's now wearing a
lovely dab of blue locktite.  We'll see how it goes.

-- Jim