I think it's fluff tbh...

I was just in a rental in San Francisco, and it had a GD(insinkerator
brand), one would think SF would be the first to "ban" a GD...

I think what happened is the tennants didn't run the water while grinding,
so it sludged up instead of dispearsing.

Just my 2 cents,

Walt
On May 18, 2011 7:55 PM, "Jerry Herrman" <jer...@san.rr.com> wrote:
> So, we have a rental and as we are leaving our house yesterday evening to
attend a meeting, the resident calls to say that the kitchen sink is clogged
up. Being booked solid for the next 24 hours or so, I call a plumber to take
care of the problem. He calls after doing the job to say that sweet potato
peelings were run through the garbage disposer (GD) and bunched up in the "J
bend" causing the blockage. He removed and replaced the trap, and took out
the peelings. He proceeds to say that this house was built before the use of
garbage disposers, and is not designed to have a GD. He recommends removing
the disposer and restoring the original configuration under the sink. I am
not inclined to follow his reommendation, believing it to be a desirable
feature for residents. He says that NYC and other cities have banned garbage
disposers.

signature database 6133 (20110518) __________