On 19/05/2011 11:28 AM, Mitch Haley wrote:
Randy Bennell wrote:
The thread on disposers got me to thinking once again about compactors.
Anyone with experience with them?
I expect that sooner or later we are going to get hit with some limits on garbage bags.
A compactor would avoid some of that.
I really don't want one built into the kitchen.
I think more of building something that would be outdoors. Hydraulic perhaps?

If you're doing that to maximize the amount of waste you can pack in the garbage can, I hope you've got those standardized pushcarts and the garbage truck has an automated cart lifter on it. A 300lb garbage can would not be kind to whoever has to lift it to the truck.

Mitch.

That is what is happening here. Some areas of the City already have them as a test. We do not yet, but it appears we soon will.

Randy