Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 16:20:33 -0500
From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Rotella in OM-617

Do you not get the feeling that the stores are trying to reduce
inventory during these less than wonderful economic times?

Even here in Manitoba where the recession does not seem to have hurt us
very badly (house prices are still very good here) it appears to me that
the Home Depot type stores are stocking less and less in terms of
selection. For example, they have bolts but not nearly the choice in
bolts that they once had. It is frustrating to go looking for something
you knew was once in stock and not be able to find it. I asked one of
the fellows working there and he just shook his head.

Hopefully, this is not a long term trend and one day the stocks will be
replenished.

Of course, around here it also depends on which store one goes to. We
have Canadian Tire and the store closest to me would prefer to sell
paper towel rather than auto products or tools etc. If I go to one of
the stores further away from me, I am more likely to find what I need
and want. It is frustrating as I don't want to drive the extra distance
but I know at the outset I might as well.

Randy