If you could figure a way to reclaim the oil off the valve cover I think you
could go ten or twenty thousand miles of highway driving without losing a
drop in a 240......lololol

Mike
On Jun 8, 2011 2:41 PM, "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Back when I was consistently doing 30k/yr with my '85 190D it was doing
about 1qt/6,000 miles on 12k changes with M1 5w40. I haven't driven the '84
190D enough yet to really know as I'm only just closing in on the first 10k.
Looks like a qt/3k right now but improving, its only had M1 for about 6,000
miles.

> Interestingly my '78 240D might be the least leaky/consuming 616 I've yet
had. I had to add this week but I think thats around 2,500 miles since the
last time and when I was driving it to work full time 2 weeks ago I was
driving it HARD to burn out the carbon. Hard driving on a 240D tends to
consume some oil.

> -Curt
>
> Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 13:53:06 -0400
> From: John Reames <jwrea...@comcast.net>
> To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> Cc: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] Rotella in OM-617
>
> I find that only one quart per change is needed (if that!), even when I
drove 40k miles in 9 mos (oil changes were due at approximately 18kmi
intervals)