> G Mann wrote:

> H2O covers 70% of the planet, when H2 is
> split and burned the result is .. .. H2O... water... steam
> comes out the exhaust pipe. NO pollution. No rich Arabs
> wanting to kill us selling us oil... hmmm novel thought there.

But there is no such thing as a free lunch.  Or perpetual
motion.  The energy required to turn H2O into hydrogen is more
than what comes out when it returns to water.

So from what I can tell, it's better to think of it as a
"chemical battery fluid" rather than a fuel.

Now, if there was an existing, necessary process that has H2 as
a by-product...

--    Philip