In Wisconsin one summer eve I was out fishing with a friend and the mosquitoes
got really bad.  Buzzing was so loud we had to shout to be heard.  We were
catching some nice muskie and so wanted to stick it out, but once the sun went
down the onslaught from the "Wisconsin State Bird" was just too awful.  We were
in a shallow spot but a little far from the the boat landing, decided to flip
the boat over and get underneath to escape from the pests.  We thought that was
pretty clever, but it pissed off the blood suckers, and we could hear them and
feel them gathering on the outside of the wooden hull.  They started sticking
their stingers through the hull to try to get us, my buddy got the hammer out
of
the tool box and fought back by pounding their stingers over so they couldn't
pull them back out.  After we'd pounded about 15 or so flat against the hull,
the combined lift of those mosquitoes was enough to lift the boat off of us and
carry it away.  We managed to keep all the fish we'd caught, swam (mostly
underwater) to shore and ran to the truck and called it a night.  Never did
find
that boat.

 Very respectfully,
/s/
Max Dillon
'87 300TD 334k miles (Off with the head!)
'95 E300 283k miles (daily driving duties)
'73 Balboa 20 (High & dry until the head is back on)
Charleston SC