Gerry wrote: "Great news, Donald!  Tell us about the little one and about your
new house."

Ok.  The Little one (Henry) weighed 5 lbs 4 ounces when he was born.  We
arrived the day after he was born.  He was 4 weeks premature, but was healthy.
He was just a little small and he had trouble with the suck - swallow - breath
instinct.  He would wear himself out trying to eat.  He did very well and
gained weight everyday. All his other development was perfect.  He was there
for 2.5 weeks and then we had to wait for adoption paperwork to go through.  We
came home on April 17th.  He had already gained significant weight.  He is
perfect.  Blondish hair blue eyes. Oddly, he actually looks like me.  He really
does.  He is now almost 3 months old.  He has gained twice as much weight as
the doctor's want him to.  He hasn't quite caught up to a full term 3 month
old, but he is close.  He is a very happy baby, but he still hasn't mastered
sleeping through the night.  He has really big hands and feet and he is a ham.
Lots of personality and he turned over on his 1 month birthday. So, Im sure he
is going to be an over-achiever! :) He just had his first cold this weekend and
he weighs almost 11 pounds!

The house is a big ass ranch.  VERY different from the previous house.  The
previous house was a very nice 1929 brick English Tudor.  It had beautiful
hardwoods and fantastic wood trim and some really amazing architectural
details. However, it had small cramped rooms, tiny closets, no master bathroom,
a detached garage and a small yard.  It was also the most expensive house on
the block and the neighborhood was really declining.  The new house was built
in 1979.  AND it is chock full of boom -chicka - wow -wow 70's glam.  Lots of
paneling, lots of chain light fixtures, ugly wallpaper, and one room with floor
to ceiling and wall to wall mirrors!  But, it also has 3500 sg. Ft, 3
bathrooms, a half acre yard, wide open rooms, a finished basement, a huge deck
a walk in closet, an attached oversized garage and its 50 YEARS newer.  So, we
have been tearing down wallpaper and painting, and remodeling.  Its going a
little slower than expected with the new kid.  The really odd thing is since
the market is down, we actually bought this house $30,000 below appraisal and
for the same price we were trying to sell our old house for.  Instead of being
the most expensive house in a declining neighborhood, we have the cheapest
house in a very nice neighborhood.  My neighbor and I have already bonded.  He
has a 500E.  It is BEAUTIFUL.

Donald H. Snook
McDonald, Tinker, Skaer, Quinn & Herrington, P.A.
300 West Douglas
P.O. Box 207
Wichita, Kansas 67201 0207
Tel. (316) 263-5851
This confidential message may be subject to the attorney-client privilege or
protected by the attorney work-product doctrine. If you have received this
message in error, please delete it and notify me.

http://www.mtsqh.com/