On 21/06/2011 8:36 PM, OK Don wrote:
Safety, economy, and hotrod are mutually exclusive. Pick hotrod, and you
give up the other two. You build one for the pleasure of creation, and the
joy of acceleration, not for practicality.
I'm the one who stuffed an aluminum block Olds 215 into an MGA and drove it
100,000 miles. Lots of fun,_*but I suspect I was lucky to get out alive.
*_
Which is my point exactly. I see no reason in this day and age why a "hotrod" cannot be as safe or safer than the average car. Also, economy is a relative thing. A small block with an overdrive tranny could be quick but not burn the fuel of a big block. I know bragging rights are part of the dream, but I am beyond that part of my life.

Randy