On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Dan Penoff <lwb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It doesn't entail any sort of special effort, for that matter, it is a very
> simple process that is
> nearly impossible to screw up or do incorrectly.

The one time I tried to use clay, it was about ten years ago.  I got
it from Griot's, in a package deal with their Speed Shine product to
use as a lubricant.  I followed the directions (I think), but I
couldn't get it to slide smoothly on the paint, and a significant
fraction of the clay ended up just embedding itself in the lines in my
hands and under my nails, where it was nearly impossible to get out.
What was I doing wrong?

Alex